The Alumina Quality Workshop began in 1988 as a forum for alumina producers and consumers to exchange ideas and information around a common goal of improved product quality. AQW has evolved into a major international symposium covering all aspects of the journey from bauxite to alumina.
AQW (Inc.) was incorporated in 1995 as a not-for-profit association to maintain the 3-year cycle of internationally renowned symposia, and to promote education and research for the alumina industry as outlined in the Constitution.
AQW (Inc.) is managed by an Executive Committee representing major alumina producers, chaired by the host of the next Conference.
Executive Committee 2019 - 2022:
- Dr Steve Rosenberg (Chair) Emirates Global Aluminium
- Dr Anthony Canfell (Deputy Chair) Rio Tinto
- Dr Chris Baker Alcoa
- Dr David Cochrane South 32/Worsley
- Dr Benoit Cristol UC Rusal
- Erik Araujo Hydro Aluminium
- Lavinya Kugaswaran International Aluminium Institute
- Dr Greg Power (Secretary/Treasurer) Arriba Consulting Pty Ltd